The other day I just knew I will be in a hurry to make lunch. So I decided to prepare myself in advance and make a delicious roast, so my
Best Veal Roast Recipe
Already in the morning I took out of my freezer a better chunk of veal meat (I believe it was the shoulder part), that we usually buy from local farmers (complying to all rules, licenses and inspections, don’t worry!). To defrost it I put it into a large bowl and pour warm water over it until covered. I always defrost meat or fish in such way, I don’t like to use microwave or anything like that.
Cooking a roast is so simple – in general you just have to put it in and out of the oven, don’t you think? 🙂 But here is what make it great:
TIME: to prepare:15 min, to cook: 120 min
QUANTITY: 4 plates
– 1 piece of veal – 500 g
– 2 carrots
– 2 green peppers
– 1 tomato
– some fresh parsley
– 2 cloves of garlic
– olive oil
– some slices of lemon
– some water
THE YUMMY MAKING
Take the meat and season it with salt and if you want some pepper and rub it in. I tend not to use much pepper, as my children don’t like it too much and I rather see my kids eat the meal than to groan. Don’t we all? 🙂 And this way it is also more appropriate for babies to eat the roast – the veal is one of the most healthy meats (it contains a lot of iron for example, which can be easily absorbed) …
Pour some olive oil into baking dish and place the meat in the middle.
Cut all of the veggies into larger pieces and place it around the meat. Pour some olive oil onto the meat and place chopped parsley and whole garlic cloves onto it.
Oh, don’t forget the lemon slices, they add such a fresh aroma! Put them on the meat, or if you want, you can place them even under it right at the beginning. Just don’t forget to spill in the olive oil first, so that the lemons won’t get burned.
The colorful pallet of tastes is prepared to go into the oven. Cover the masterpiece with aluminum foil, so that it will not get to crispy right away. You should consider your teeth too! 😉
Bake in the oven for 90 minutes at 180 degrees C. (please do recalculate if you need some other scale! 🙂 ). You have plenty of time to play with your children during this period … Great, ha? OK, maybe do the laundry, clean the bathroom, vacuum the house … Or just RELAX!
However, don’t forget to peek into the oven from time to time … Sometimes you should use some warm water to pour over the roast, so it will stay soft and tender and not become dried.
After 90 minutes, remove the foil and turn on the upper heater in the oven (it depends on the kind of the oven you use …), to get a thin crispy skin on the roast. Bake for additional 30 minutes or less, if you are satisfied with the result. Don’t be afraid to pour some more warm water over the meat if necessary.
Very small effort, very big output! The best veal roast, by my opinion at least. And what do you think? 🙂 Try it … and share below!
How do I do it?
I would like to tell you a secret or two:
- Use fresh ingredients, the seasoning too! The flavor is so much better …
- When I use lemons or any kind of citruses with skin on, I always get bio fruits. Too much toxins on the other kind!
- Always use warm water to pour over the meat, since the cold water would make it hard (the proteins in the meat coagulate quicker).
- Before adding the garlic, crush it slightly. So it releases more flavor, but still doesn’t fall apart.
- You can easily blend it for your baby to eat. However, I never liked blended meat, as it gets too mushy and by my opinion not nice to look at at all! I always preferred to chop it up into really tiny bits. Much nicer!
And this one is very important:
- Always take a picture before the hungry mouths do their job! I didn’t get one of this yummy roast before it was too late, unfortunately. 🙁
I hope I managed to tease your taste buds … Let me know! 🙂 You can post a comment below or write to email@example.com.