As I promised to post some wholesome food recipes, here is my first healthy, nutritious and also tasty mommy and baby food recipe:
Quick Vegetable Stew Recipe!
TIME: 30 min
QUANTITY: 4 plates
– 1/2 onion
– 3 larger carrots
– 1 larger zucchini
– 3 tomatoes
– some fresh parsley, chives and garlic
– salt, pepper
– olive oil
– a bay leaf (laurel), thyme, oregano, basil, savory
– 1,2 l water
THE YUMMY MAKING
First chop the onions on smaller pieces. Cut carrots, zucchini and tomatoes, so the pieces are so small they fit into your children’s and your mouth perfectly. DON’T TEST IT TO MUCH! You’ll end up without your lunch!
OK … Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a pot (cca 1 liter) to warm up and add chopped onion. Stir it while frying until it becomes translucent. Add other vegetables and quickly fry for just a minute or so. Stir while frying. Add salt and pepper. NOT SO MUCH! If you have a baby, you should accept the fact, you will have to season your food later. Also too much salt is not so good for you at all…
Pour the water over the vegetables.
Add the whole clove of garlic, a bay leaf, thyme, oregano, basil and savory.
Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the carrots become soft. It’s really up to you, if you like more compact veggies.
Just before the end of cooking add chopped parsley and chives.
Ta Daaah! Simple, Quick and Tasty. Vegetable Stew.
How do I do it?
Here are some little tips and tricks, courtesy of me… 🙂
- Use whichever vegetable you have on your disposal.
- Use fresh ingredients, the seasoning too! The flavor is so much better …
- Save some time, you can easily boil the water in the electric boiler and add it when already hot. I think it is also better for the vegetables and the vitamins and minerals, they contain, since they soak for less time in the water that way.
- Before adding the garlic, crush it slightly. So it releases more flavor, but still doesn’t fall apart.
- If you don’t like tomato skin, blanch tomatoes before cutting.
- You can easily blend it for your baby to eat, just be sure to remove the hard parts of seasoning (bay leaf).
Do you like this very basic and simple recipe? Maybe you have some suggestions? Let me know! I’ll be more than glad to answer as soon as possible. 🙂